Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Torbay 2012 Celebrations

I guess the big year is approaching and the town has big plans for next years celebration. I took a lot of abuse over the fact I complained that the town was proposing to spend $200,000 to bring Great Big Sea here for a concert. So I figured I would try and find some more information about it so I contacted Councilor Roche because she is on the Special Committee for the 2012 Celebrations.

I asked her some very straight forward questions that she hopefully can answer because I couldn't imagine anyone pursuing such an event on this scale without first answering these questions.

1) How many people do you think are going to attend?
2) How much will tickets cost?
3) Where are we going to hold the concert?
4) What is the potential shortfall for the town if we don’t sell enough tickets?
5) Do we have an exit strategy if not enough tickets are sold to cover the cost?

Hopefully more to come when I get some answers and I am sure I will get them eventually.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure why you took so much abuse about this expenditure - I think it is absolutely ridiculous to spend that kind of money on a band unless they were going to recoup the vast majority of it from ticket sales - which I doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am still waiting to hear back from someone at the town regarding this. I think if they are going to consider having this event they should at least be able to provide some kind of plan. I guess we will have to wait and see.

    ReplyDelete

Please try and be respectful with your comments